At Bikes Boats and Boots we care about your privacy and believe in transparency. That’s why we are committed to being upfront about our privacy practices. We only collect personal information necessary to deliver our services and we handle it carefully and sensibly. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
This Policy explains our privacy practices for Bikes Boats and Boots (we’ll refer to it as the “Site”) (“Bikes Boats and Boots,” together with “we,” “us,” and “our”). We’ll refer to the Site and our other services as the “Services.”
Our website address is: https://www.bikesboatsandboots.com.
Below you will find information about the following:
- Collection of Information / types of data collected
- How we utilize information
- Our Purpose for data processing / collection
- When do we share your personal information and who we share it with
- Security measures and where is the information stored
- Retention periods
- Your Rights
- Further questions and contacts
Collection of information
Bikesboatsandboots.com does not make money from ads. So we don’t collect data in order to advertise to you. The tracking we do on our site is to make our product work as well as possible.
When you access and browse the Site (including when you submit personal information to us through data entry fields on the website) we will collect the following from you:
Information you provide
- Contact information – Our Site uses contact forms to collect your personal information of which you actively tell us, including your name and email so we may communicate with you. This information is not stored in any databases The information is only retained for as long as the need to reply to and complete any necessary communication. We do not ask about sensitive personal data, such as information about ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or genetic or biometric data. *Upon submission, you give us consent to receive and store this information by checking the consent box.
- Comments – When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form (Name, Email, and Website), and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Currently you must check the checkbox upon submitting that says: By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. You are unable to leave a comment without checking this box and thus giving consent.
- Forms tracking or transferring – Our site’s contact form does not track personal data by stealth or transfer your data to external servers.
Information we receive from your use of our services or third-parties
- Automated information – when you visit our Site we receive and collect information, which may – in certain circumstances constitute personal information – and which includes your IP address, referral URL, exit URL, browser software, operating system, date/time.
- Website Analytics tools – We use analytics services by third parties to collect information about the use of this Site, such as number of visits, pages visited, popularity of certain content. Analytics tools use tracking technologies (like cookies) to recognize your device and compile information about you. They collect information such as what pages you visit and how much time you spend on these pages, the IP address assigned to you, what operating system and web browser you use, and what site you visited prior to visiting our website.
- Information Logs, – when you visit the Site, view content provided by us, ask us a question or send us an email, we automatically collect and store certain information in log files. This includes your IP address, URL, referral URL, exit URL, browser software, operating system and date/time, requests type to our Site and error responses returned by our Site.
How we utilize information
Information you provide:
We collect, store and use the information you provide for the following reasons:
- Contact information – to communicate in response to a question, status of the services, functionality changes to our Site, and – where you have opted in to receive such information – other / new services, and / or newsletters we think you might find useful, we use email, telephone, and / or text message.
Information we receive from your use of our services or third-parties and their respective categories:
We collect, store and use the information that we receive from your use of our Site or third-parties for the following reasons:
- Automated information – to diagnose problems with our servers, to administer our Site and services. This is not linked to any personally identifiable information, except if necessary to prevent fraud or abuse on our Site and systems.
- Analytics tools – to improve services on our Site.
- Information Logs – for diagnosing problems, administering our site and resolving issues.
- Other information – to maintain an accurate record of any inquiries in case of a dispute and to identify certain characteristics that could help us optimize and improve our and services.
- Hosting, Storage, and Other Infrastructure
- Communication and Support
Search engines will index user profiles, public interactions, and any user-generated content. Users may also share links to your content on social media.
Our purpose of data processing / collection
When you access or use our Services, we need to collect, use, and otherwise process your information, as set out in this Policy. We are committed to your privacy and follow a few fundamental principles when we process personal data.
- We strive to collect only the minimum personal data that we need to deliver a positive Site viewing experience, and to convey our business in the best way possible.
- We aim for full transparency on how we use your information to comply with legal or other lawful purposes and respect your privacy.
- We make sure we only use your information for the purposes you have given us permission for.
Specifically to fulfill:
Legal obligations – our use of your personal information is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise or defend legal claims. For example, if we are requested to disclose your personal information to regulatory bodies or law enforcement authorities; or to use your personal information for tax calculations.
Our legitimate interests – necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, such as to:
- Run, grow, develop and deliver our services.
- Detect and prevent fraudulent activities.
- Enhance the security of our network and information systems.
- Better understand how people interact with our Site.
- Enhance, modify, personalize or otherwise improve our services and communications for the benefit of our customers.
Consent – we rely on your consent for us to use your personal information to send you marketing information (such as a newsletter) by email, SMS, or telephone. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details set out in the “Further questions and contacts” section of this Policy.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Our site does not track you across the Internet. We track only your interactions within the Bikesboatsandboots.com network.
- Google Analytics : _ga, _gid cookie data kept 26 months
- Facebook Pixel : _fbp kept as long as browser is set to accept it, only used on this site occassionally.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. Please note that if you simply disable all of our cookies or cookies in general in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections or features of our Site will not work, because your browser may prevent us from setting Site functionally required cookies. If you prevent these cookies, we cannot guarantee your security or predict how the website will perform during your visit. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
- Disable Cookies in Chrome
- Disable Cookies in Firefox
- Disable Cookies in Safari
- Disable Cookies in Internet Explorer
When do we share your personal information and who we share it with
All personal information collected by Bikesboatsandboots.com is treated as confidential. We disclose entire or part of your data in the limited circumstances described below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- If we are required by law – we will disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other legitimate governmental request.
- To Protect Rights and Property – We will share account and personal information with companies, organizations or individuals when we believe in good-faith that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is necessary to meet any applicable law, comply with regulation, legal process or enforceable request; to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; to investigate potential violations; to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Bikes Boats and Boots, our users or the public as required or permitted by law. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take all reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of legal process.
Data Security Measures
We use encryption (HTTPS) / SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) software to encrypt the information you enter on our Site in order to protect its security during transmission to and from our Site. When storing information, we protect its security by encryption and pseudonymization of critical data.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures require us in some cases to request proof of identity before disclosing personal information to you.
Information from forms on this Site is not stored in data bases.
Although we take all these measures to maintain the safety and security of your personal information, please note that no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed to be secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot fully guarantee the security of any personal information that you transfer over the Internet to us. You use this site and it’s services at your own risk.
Information collected on our website will only be retained for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. Your personal data is deleted automatically by our systems in accordance with these retention periods. Google Analytics information is automatically deleted after 2 years, Facebook tracking pixel will continue for as long as your browser accepts it.
- Confirm whether or not personal data about you is being processed;
- Provide you with further details about how we process your personal data;
- Provide you with a copy of any data which we hold about you;
- Withdraw your consent to using your personal information, where we rely on your consent as a legal basis to justify using your personal data;
- Consider any valid objection to the processing of your personal information (including the right to object to processing on grounds related to your particular situation where we are relying on our legitimate interests as a legal basis for processing);
- Request to update or delete personal data which we hold about you;
- Restrict the way that we process your personal data;
- Data Portability: Consider any valid request to transfer your personal data to a third party provider of services
We will consider all those requests. However, certain personal information may be exempt from those requests in certain circumstances, which include a need to keep processing information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. If such an exception applies, we will notify you when responding to your request. Please note that we may ask you to provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding.
Further questions and contacts